Azulev Grupo’s commitment to the environment has become one of the marks of our identity. For this, we've been given awards and become certified on numerous occasions by internationally recognised quality accreditation entities.
Taking care to look after one’s surroundings and preserve the environment have been a priority. At Azulev Grupo we consider that facts and specific actions are necessary to maintain balance and the sustainability of our lifestyle.
Quality and environment
We firmly believe that the planet must be looked after and we make an effort to do so. We have ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certificates, the EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) and the IEP (Integrated Environmental Permit), being one of the first Spanish companies to obtain them, thus building a more sustainable world while we manufacture our best ceramic paving and cladding.
How do we do it?
Firstly, raw materials are gathered in different places of origin according to their nature and properties. The most important are: clay, kaolin, feldspar and carbonates.
Once gathered, these materials are transports by freighter to the port of Castellón and thence in lorries to the factory.
Using wet crushing and subsequently drying, the atomised grain is obtained that comes to us from the supplier responsible for this process only 2 km from out factory.
The transport of the raw materials from the mine to the processing plant is carried out in bulk, such that we need no packaging, thus avoiding the use of toxic materials.
The heat obtained by mixing the raw materials is used later in automisation drying. The left over is converted into electrical energy and is returned to the network.
Ceramic pieces are made by pressing, they are varnished and decorated, in order to give the certain technical characteristics. Baking is the most important process since the varnished and decorated pieces modify their physical properties, giving rise to a hard, waterproof product that is use-resistant and resistant to chemical products.
Finally, the pieces are classified and packaged, after passing through an exhaustive quality control, and are stored in our different logistical centres.
The hot air from the ovens is recovered and it's incorporated into the driers at the exit of the presses, thus achieving an energy saving and a significant reduction in gaseous emissions into the atmosphere.
To reduce emissions, various gas-permeable filters are used which retain dust and, with showers, drag the dust particles.
Once transported and unpacked at the destination building, the product is installed by applying quick-setting mortar. Its useful life will be that of the building, taking as a reference a period of 50 years. The cementitious fast-setting mortar used in the installation of the product is made of hydraulic conglomerates, mineral fillers and organic additives.
When the porcelain stoneware has already been installed, it doesn't require energy input or any maintenance except for the normal cleaning operations, and it's possible to use water or other agents as detergents or bleaches.
Once the useful life of the product has ended, whether by being demolished or refurbished, waste products are transported in lorries for a distance not exceeding 50 km from the building. 70 % of the construction and demolition waste is reused, recovered and recycled. The other 30 % is sent to a controlled landfill.
Let's make the world a better place!